Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A Bloggin' Discovery

Was just noodling around this evening in the Grand Magnificent Blogosphere and came across this gem. Don't let the title scare you away . . . the fellow's a serious cartoonist.

The entry that caught my eye is the Jay Kennedy tribute. Not that I knew Mr. Kennedy or anything, but I've long been interested in comics (and strips in particular) and was struck by the NYTimes obituary this week. I mean, I didn't know him, wouldn't have been able to tell you his name, but I knew what he would have meant to the industry. And Mr. Fies's tribute says it all.

But don't stop there. Go down, down, down to the March 10th entry. Play the videos. I dare you not to smile.

Live long and prosper!

--R, ordering the book on her way out the door

2 comments:

Brian Fies said...

Rosaleah, thanks very much for the mention and the compliments, I appreciate it very much. Best of luck with your blogging; so far so good!

Anonymous said...

You were right, I did love it :D

I specially liked the videos. I saw that one was from Germany and I'm thinking, oh great, can I remember enough of my German to get through it? But none was obviously needed, it crossed all language barriers.

Keep blogging Monkey, so I have good blogs to read!