Sunday, March 18, 2007

Pretty Britter Kitties

Last weekend at WVAS with the Metrostitchers I refrained from purchasing more than the framing for my newly-finished Winter Sampler. But I did get a start on one of the Britter Kitty patterns ... I love these, they are just adorable and work up quickly ... and managed to enable another shopper, who noticed the kitty I was stitching and asked where to get her own.

So I started this little cutie on Saturday and finished her up on Sunday:



Once I had her finished, she told me her name is Lovey. And the bird? Dovey, of course!

That was actually my second Britter Kitty. Here's the first one I did some time ago:



I see a theme here. I guess I like birdies perched on kitties. I'd have asked this kitty her name but I didn't want to disturb her nap. The bird is Baby Blue. ;)

--R


2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Congrats! They are very cute. I like how you make one into a pillow. Nice idea.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm Dovey? Looks more like a Hermes to me. Maybe a distant cousin? This one seems to be much quieter.

But alas now I must do that work thing.