Tuesday, April 17, 2007

We Stitch, We Shop, We Shop, We Stitch


So off I went on a chilly Spring day -- last Saturday to be exact -- to pick up my framed Winter Sampler from Where Victoria's Angels Stitch. As usual, the photograph doesn't do the picture, or the frame, justice, alas. But I am pleased with the result! I brought it in to the office to show off and after work I went up to Theresa's office to pick up & pay for the Tribeca Film Festival tickets she'd bought for me, great excuse to show off again . . . so this is a well traveled deer already. She'll do a little resting up on my bedroom wall before she's off again to a show, or at least them's the plans.

And as long as I was already at the shop -- waiting for Marianne, whom I'd corralled into meeting me there, to arrive -- I managed to find a couple more patterns to add to the ole stash. My Lady of the Snow, a Passione Ricamo design, called out to join The Night in my stash of "Maybe-In-Another-Life" must-haves. Well, a girl can dream, can't she? And The Kingdom Sampler, a Dragon Dreams design, found its way on to the counter and into my bag, too. I rather like the alphabet at the bottom of that one, but I'm thinking . . . enough with the alphabets already. It needs a saying, a phrase, a sentence . . . something medieval/dragony/fantasy-ish. I just don't know what yet.

My money over- but certainly well-spent, Marianne and I betook ourselves to the Atlanta Bread Co. for refreshment and conversation and then to A.C. Moore . . . where I found this lovely tome waiting for me, The Knitted Teddy Bear, by Sandra Polley.

Yes, Virginia, I needed another obsession in my life. (Aw, c'mon, lookit that cover. Tis not possible to resist!

These are small bears, but I bought sufficient yarn for the largest of them. And once home I promptly began with one of the simpler, smaller bears. SoI shall have to shop again for yarn for the larger bear. Not to mention additional shopping for other bear parts -- fiberfill, buttons, eyes, that sort of thing.

Restraint, thy name is definitely *not* Rosie!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Rosie, Sounds like a fabulous day. I've always liked that stag design. And there is definitely no resisting a knit teddy bear!

Unknown said...

As always, great time, and as for the dragon how bout:

Dreams Take Flight On Dragon Wings

After all, the bigger the wings, the bigger the dreams.... well maybe not, but they can support bigger dreams.